Thursday, December 20, 2012

Evolution has shaped me into this


There are many differences between humans and animals,
There are many species of reptiles, amphibians, fish, and mammals.
Humans have opposable thumbs,
But that doesn’t make animals dumb.
Humans are the only species to walk upright on two feet,
And humans are omnivores, which eat vegetables and meat.
Adult human anatomy is made up of muscular structure and 24 vertebrate,
Humans and other mammals use sexual reproduction to procreate.
Human bone structures in their hands are similar to a bat wing,
Our bones and muscles allow us to run and swing.
Whale fins are also similar to the human hand,
Humans can run an average of 15 mph on land.
Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes in each cell,
And are the only animals to believe in heaven and hell.
Females have 2 X chromosomes, and males have an X and Y,
Humans are the only species to use technology to fly.
Humans have between 20,000 and 25,000 genes,
Genes control whether a person is fat or lean.
Adult humans have 206 bones,
DNA sequence is made up of 46 chromosomes is the Homo sapiens genome. 

What Makes Me, Me:

My name is Alexander,
I have genetic ancestors from Southern Europe and Germania.
My genetic make-up is derived from my mom and dad,
Twenty-three years ago, I made them very glad.
I have brown hair and brown eyes,
And a X and Y chromosome which makes me a guy.
My genetics have blessed me with no wisdom teeth,
My Italian heritage allows my skin to tan well in the heat.
I am 6 foot 1, and I have a size 12 foot,
My mom will always say I have good looks.
Evolution has shaped me into this,
I hope you like this poem because it is finished. 

-Alex Bruno

No comments:

Post a Comment